You know that feeling when you’re sitting on the couch, watching TV with no motivation to do anything? It’s probably one of the worst feelings in the world. And it’s easy to get into a rut like this if you don’t have any motivation or willpower. But luckily, there are tons of ways to stay motivated and keep going even when things seem impossible! In this blog post, we cover 15 proven strategies for staying productive even when all hope seems lost.
1. Remind yourself of the bigger picture and what you’re working for: If this list didn’t give you an inspiration, then nothing will 😉 Thanks to everyone who read through our blog posts – we hope they helped you in some way.
2. Start small and build from there: Burdening yourself from start is only going to make you quite faster. This is an oldie, but a goody! Set small goals and reward yourself when you complete them. Setting the bar too high is just asking for failure.
3. Do one thing at a time: Multitasking will not make you more productive, only less efficient! Do your work in batches and don’t switch between tasks unless they’re both complete.
4. Avoid distractions as much as possible, especially social media! Stay off Facebook or Instagram if you need to get something important done. If you keep checking those sites all the time it will be very hard to stay motivated because your desire won’t be satisfied.
5. Take a break before you get too tired and burn out: Do not test the limits of your body as health is before anything. If you are healthy you can work anytime but if you compromised your health nothing can bring it back. Take a break and get some fresh air if you’re burnt out, but make sure to come back with full motivation! Sometimes we need to take breaks because it can be very hard to focus for such long periods of time, which is why it’s important that when you come back after your short break, you come back with full motivation and energy. This way you can stay motivated for a longer period of time!
6. Celebrate: Make sure to celebrate your small milestones along the way. This will motivate yourself even more to keep going, because you’ll know that there’s light at the end of tunnel when you finish what you’re working on now. Celebrating these smaller victories is even better than waiting until you finish something, which can take a very long time.
7. Write your goals down and keep them in front of you so that they motivate you to keep going every day! This is probably the most important tip on this list because it will help motivate yourself when things get tough or overwhelming. If you know what your goal is, you’ll always think about it and keep yourself motivated.
8. Join a group that also wants to achieve the same goal as you! You will be able to support each other when times get tough or if someone gets burnt out. But this is only effective if everyone in the group has similar goals so make sure you choose your friends wisely before you join.
9. Be accountable to someone else if you have trouble being self-motivated! This can be very effective because it will motivate yourself even more when you know that there’s someone expecting something from you, whether they’re your parents or a friend. You don’t want to let them down and disappoint them so this is where the motivation to keep going comes from.
10. You are unique so are your needs: Make sure to find your own special ways to motivate yourself on the days when it’s hard, because everyone is different so what works for someone else might not work for you. Find something that motivates YOU specifically and apply it to your life so that you can stay motivated for longer periods of time.
11. Be Optimistic: Find something positive in every day, no matter how bad it seems! This is important to remember on the days when things get tough or overwhelming. You need to be able to see some positivity in everything because that’s what will motivate you more than anything else. If you’re able to find the good in everything and feel grateful for what you have, even on tough days, then nothing will be able to stop you from staying motivated!
12. Visualize your success. This is another great way to stay motivated because if we see ourselves achieving our goals it’s much easier than imagining them as a possibility. Make sure that when you visualize your success, you see yourself succeeding in detail! This means that when it actually happens the chances of us achieving our goals are much higher because we’ve already done it many times before.
13. Don’t give up!!! If you find yourself getting burnt out or feeling like giving up make sure to take a step back and think about all of the things that you’ve accomplished and all of your successes so far. Sometimes we think about what we haven’t done yet, but it’s important to remember everything else as well! This will motivate yourself even more because if you can see how much progress you’ve made up until this point then there’s no way that giving up is going to be the right thing to do.
14. Don’t let small mistakes or failures get you down: Everyone makes mistakes, but the important part is what we learn from them and how it helps us grow as a person. If this happens don’t let yourself feel bad because that will only make things worse for you in the end. Instead think about all of the things that you’ve learned so far and how it will help you in the future.
15. Stay positive: This is probably one of the most important tips on this list because if we’re feeling negative then nothing good can come out of our lives, even though they might seem happy at first. Stay optimistic about everything and remember that there’s always a good side to everything. If you’re able to find that then nothing will be able to stop you from being motivated for the long run!